Two children killed in Chitwan fire
BHARATPUR: Two children died after a house was burnt down in a fire at Mainatar of Rapti Municipality-1 in Chitwan district on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Suraj Tamang (3) and Manisha Tamang(3). The house of Jit Bahadur Rumba in the locality was burnt down in a fire, leading to the death of his grandson and granddaughter, said the police.
A short circuit from the solar battery is blamed for the incident. Clothing, food items, utensils and other materials in the house were destroyed in the blaze that took place when family members of Rumba were away, said Deputy Superintendent of Police Narahari Adhikari.
The bodies of the deceased have been sent to Bharatpur Hospital for a postmortem, police said. RSS