3 children killed in Sindhupalchok cooking gas cylinder explosion

SINDHUPALCHOK: Three children died in a fire triggered by a cooking gas cylinder explosion at Maneshwara of Barhabise Municipality-8 in Sindhupalchok on Sunday.

The gas cylinder exploded in the house of local Min Bahadur Tamang in Lama Tole while cooking food.

The deceased have been identified as his son Isaak Tamang (10), his brother Kumar Tamang’s son Sargam Tamang (6) and his neighbour Padam Tamang’s two and a half-year-old daughter Dibya Tamang.

The fire caused by the gas cylinder explosion burned the children to death, said Ward Chair Suraj Lama.

The incident took place at around 7 pm yesterday, locals said.

Similalrly, Min Bahadur Tamang was injured in the incident. He has been taken to a hospital for treatment.

Police and locals are working to put out the fire.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two + 14 =

Also like this