Property worth Rs 6 lakh gutted in Jhapa fire
JHAPA: Property worth around Rs 6 lakh has been destroyed in a fire that broke out at a house in Mechinagar municipality of Jhapa on Thursday.
The fire, which took place at around 9:30 AM this morning, destroyed the house of Chandra Bahadur Paudel of Mechinagar-7.
The fire broke out due to short-circuit.
Police said that the fire destroyed property worth Rs 6 lakhs including food items, electronic items, clothes, furniture along with steel items that were inside the house.
The fire was taken under control later with the help of locals, Nepal Police and Armed Police Force backed by fire engines, police said.