3 killed in two fire incidents in Sarlahi
SARLAHI : At least three persons died in two fire incidents that took place in Sarlahi on Wednesday.
Two children died after a straw-made hut caught into a fire that broke out due to a short circuit at Kawilasi municipality-7, Sirsiraya in Sarlahi on Wednesday.
The deceased has been identified as Laxmi Mahara (8) and Sugandhi Mahara (3). Both are the daughters of Jogi Mahara, a local of Kawilasi municipality-7, Sirsiraya.
The incident took place when the minors were asleep on the straw bed to avoid bone-chilling cold at around 9:15 pm last night. Both the children had 60 to 70 percent of their bodies burnt in the fire.
Critically injured children died on the way to Kathmandu for further treatment after receiving first aid at Malangawa-based district hospital, according to Police.
Jogi Mahara and his five-year-old daughter Sudha also sustained minor injuries in the incident. The fire has destroyed all the goods kept inside the house.
Similarly, an elderly died in a fire incident that took place at Malangawa-6, Khutana in Sarlahi.
The deceased has been identified as Nasir Khan(70).
According to Khans’s wife Madina Khatun, the incident took place when Khan, who was under the influence of alcohol, caught fire while trying to keep his body warm.
Khan who had sustained critical burn injuries during the incident died while undergoing treatment at Malangawa-based district hospital last night, said DSP Madhab Prasad Budhathoki.
Fire incidents have increased in Sarlahi with the mercury dropping lately. RSS